"They say when you've fallen off a horse, the first thing you've gotta do, of course, is... climb right back on."

Gwyneth Paltrow, A Fighter

--
*I can't help but quote every song from this album (and I'm getting close), but the songs that they chose for this movie really hit home for me. I think that's part of country music's charm, though... the fact that it can be so general and so specific at the same time. Everyone can relate to it in their own way, causing the lyrics to transform into the eye of the beholder (or should I say, the ear). Anyways, this song particularly struck me in a way that I don't even think it was supposed to.

The song is about fighting for a love that's fading... but out of context, this line in the song can really be applied love in general. So much of me wants to sport the Miranda motto, "I've given up on love cause love's given up on me," but I can't help but be inspired by the words of this song to walk it off and get back in the race.

No comments:

Post a Comment